Tribhuvan University (T.U.) was established in 1959 AD. The Faculty of Law is one of the oldest faculties of T.U. which was established in 1959 AD as an Institute of Law and it was renamed as the Faculty of Law in 1974 AD.However, the Law College was established in 1954 AD with offering LL.B courses with an affiliation to Patna University of India. After establishment of T.U., the Law College came under the T.U.The Faculty of Law is located at Exhibition Road, Kathmandu in the downtown of Kathmandu Metropolitan City.
The Faculty of Law, T.U. has following basic objective:
LL.B is a three years programme for having bachelor’s degree in any discipline. This programme is offered in all six constituent campuses and one affiliated campus named RajendraKhetan College. There is no entrance exam for getting admission in this programme. Currently, more than 6000 students in three years have got admission. The largest number of students has been getting admission in Nepal Law Campus, Kathmandu.